It is thought do demonstrate:
- how to integrate external data in your app
- how to select stations on a map
- how to select variables to be plotted
- how to plot variables in a way that you can zoom and scroll the timeline
- how to download the selected data in the formats
- how to provide a downloadable report of the selected data including data tables, graphics of the variables and some summary statistics.
It facilitates the following technologies:
The weather stations shown on the map are taken from this file. Please note that not all stations listed in this file actually have downloadable data. Therefore you get an download error for a lot of the statins. This is not the fault of this app.
To download the climate data the app facilitates our package RgetDWDdata which automates the download and does a lot of conversions for you. If you want to use this package you find it at https://github.com/nFrechen/RgetDWDdata.